Rental Unit Troubleshooting Guide
Please consult this guide PRIOR to reporting maintenance trouble on your cabin.
Following this guide will help you to diagnose and repair your most common arrival problems.
Hot water is supplied to cabins either through a small hot water tank in the cabin or by on demand, flow through heating systems. Hot water tanks have interior wall switches for on/off that must always be left in the “on” position.
No Hot Water
- If hot water is supplied from a tank, the tanks are small and easily depleted. Please allow time between hot water uses for the tank to reheat.
- Check the wall switch for the hot water tank and make sure it is in the “on” position.
A/C and heat are provided by two indoor units connected to one outdoor compressor. One unit is located in the living room, the other in the bedroom. Both units are controlled by remote. Two remotes are provided, one for each unit.
A/C not working
- Ensure both units are set to A/C. If one unit is set to heat and the other to A/C the single outdoor compressor will not respond.
- Shut off both units (living room and bedroom). Then turn on both units set to run on A/C.
- Ensure both units are set to Heat. If one unit is set to heat and the other to A/C the single outdoor compressor will not respond.
- Shut of both units, then restart in the heat setting.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector:
Every cabin is equipped with a Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector/Alarm.
Carbon Monoxide Detector is going off
- Aerosol Products – If the CO alarm sounds after using cleaning products such as Lysol brand spray cleaner or other aerosols, open the door and windows to allow natural ventilation to air out the cabin and the alarm will turn off.
- At any other time – Ensure all guests are awake and up, then follow the step above to air out the cabin. Call the front desk to report the situation or notify security if after hours.
- Front Desk: (518) 623-3207, option 3.
- Security: (518) 708-3490
Sign Up for Deals & Events
Adirondack Cabin Rentals
View Specials and Packages
View Park & Activity Photos