Lake George NY RV Park Policies
Check In/ Check Out: Check in after 1pm (Rentals 4pm). Check out before 11am. Early arrival / Late Departure are typically not available. Please contact the park in advance. All vehicles must register before entering the campground. To avoid disturbing fellow campers we ask that everyone arrive prior to 10:00 pm. All weather camping. No refunds for late cancellation or early departure.
Security: When entering the resort, be certain that your pass is visible to the guard. Chainsaws, generators, firearms, fire-works, slingshots or bows & arrows are not allowed. To reach the Security Gate Guard House by phone call 518-623-3207 (day) and 518-708-3490 (night). If no one is there please leave a complete detailed message on the answering machine. In an emergency, always call 911 first.
General: Be considerate of your neighbors. Do not walk through campsites other than your own. Cutting down trees, shrubs, and/or foliage is prohibited. Respect our trees. Please do not bend, cut or drive nails into them. No visible clothes lines. Washing of cars or camping units is not permitted. Help us keep our restrooms and laundry facilities clean for everyone at all times. Report any malfunctions to a member of our team. Canoes and kayaks are available for rent at the Honey Bear’s rental center. Check announcement boards at the office and pool for daily activities schedule.
Cable TV: Cable TV hookups are available at all pedestals. No pedestals and hookups at Tent Sites.
Visitors: Visiting guests of registered campers must register at the office. Visitors/Guests (ages 16 & up) who are staying on sites until 9:00pm or for day use will be charged $20.00 per person per day. No overnight visitors or visitors after 9:00pm are allowed unless prearranged with office. Maximum of 6 adults per site on rv site, 4 adults per site on tent site.
Guest Messages: Only emergency messages can be accepted and will be delivered to sites.
Fires: Fires are permitted only in fire-rings. Do not move fire-rings. Please put fire out completely before leaving campsite. No cutting of trees. No fireworks allowed.
Water: State tested & approved deep artesian well piped through the resort.
Pets: Pets are welcome. (Limit 2 dogs per site) All pets must be kept on a leash, cleaned up after, not left unattended, and must not infringe on the peace & enjoyment of your neighbor’s camping experience. All pets brought into the park must provide a copy of their up-to-date vaccination records. By law pets are not allowed in public buildings; including food service areas, pool or beach area. This does not include service animals.
A pet fee of $50. per pet / per stay is charged when renting a cabin.
Alcoholic Beverages: You must be 21 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages. They must be secured at all times and never left unattended at your site. To help promote a family friendly environment we ask that alcohol consumption be limited and concealed when on property in public areas.
Operating a motor vehicle or golf cart while under the influence of drugs and / or alcohol is prohibited. Violation of this policy is strictly enforced and results in immediate removal from property including forfeiture of any deposits or remaining payments.
Cigarettes: The discarding of cigarette butts can be done in a neat and safe manner. An additional cleaning fee will be applied when necessary.
Speed Limit (5 mph): For the safety of our guests, especially the children, Resort speed limit is 5 mph. Watch for heavy pedestrian, bike and children playing. Failure to comply may result result in revocation of driving privilege and / or immediate removal from the property including forfeiture of any deposits or remaining payments.
Motorized Vehicles: All motorized vehicles including Golf Carts must only be operated by a registered licensed driver. Please have this license on you when operating a motor vehicle. Golf Carts are not allowed on roadways after 12 am. Due to safety concerns, no miniature electric motor bikes, scooters or hoverboards, ATV, UTV allowed. No exceptions.
Personal Golf Carts: Yes, they are allowed. However we do not allow gas powered golf carts. Golf Carts must be registered with the front desk to be driven on property. A copy of vehicle insurance is required. All motorized vehicles including golf carts must follow all posted traffic, directional, speed & safety signs and may only be operated by a licensed driver. You should have a copy of your state issued license at all time when operating a vehicle. In addition to your drivers license please have any documentation provided by LGE with you whenever operating a golf cart.
Lost and Found: Items lost or found can be turned in to the Lodge.
Pool: Pool hours are from 10am till sunset. Children under 18 years of age are not allowed in the pool area without their parents. The pool is swim at your own risk (no lifeguard is present). Parents are responsible for the safety and actions of their children. Proper bathing attire is required. Swim diapers only and are available at the Honey Bear lodge store.
Bicycle: Helmets are required for children 14 years old & younger (New York State law). No bike riding after dark.
Noises/Disturbances: Quiet time is Sunday to Thursday 10pm to 8 am and Friday & Saturday 11pm to 8am. Stay up and enjoy your campfires, but quietly please, sound travels loud and far at night. We do not allow group gatherings of more than 6 people per campfire. Failure to comply may result result in revocation of driving privilege and / or immediate removal from the property including forfeiture of any deposits or remaining payments. To reach Security, dial 518-623-3207 (day) or 518-708-3490 (night).
Refunds: Camping is an outdoor experience. Therefore we do not give refunds due to the discomforts of nature, weather or for early departure.
Waste: NYS has mandatory recycling. Please help by doing your part for our environment. Recycling containers are located by dumpsters up by the main lodge. All non-recyclable trash should be put inside the dumpsters. Clear bags are recommended. Please separate your trash from recyclables. PLEASE put all garbage into the dumpsters located throughout the park. We do not pick up trash at sites. Remember skunks, racoons, and bears love human food. Once fed they will return for more. Please do your part in throwing garbage away every day.
Disposal: Water is not allowed to drain on the ground from any camping unit. Dishwater should be disposed of at the proper disposal area. Sewer collars required on all full hookup sites. No other items will be picked up (i.e. broken chairs, grills, tents). Garbage or cans should not be thrown in the fire rings. An additional cleaning fee will be applied when necessary.
One strike and you’re out policy: If a complaint is received by another guest or witnessed by our Security department or a staff member, we will give the offending party one warning. If the situation is not rectified immediately and another complaint is received, the offenders will be required to leave the campground without a refund for unused camping. Management is not responsible for accidents or injuries to guests or for the loss of valuables. Please notify management of any problems. If you have any questions, problems or complaints, let us know as soon as possible. We are here to help you have an enjoyable camping experience. To reach Security, dial 518-623-3207 x3 (day) or 518-708-3490 (night).
- Lake George Escape requires all registered campers to be 21 years of age or older, unless accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- We do not guarantee site numbers.
- Low-season operates with limited services.
- There will be a $75.00 lost key fee for our rental units.
- ALL Rental Units are smoke free. There will be a $250.00 fee for smoking violations.
- Entrance onto the campground property constitutes permission for the management of Lake George Escape in Lake George, New York to photograph the visitor while on the premises and to use any resulting pictures for any lawful purpose without compensation to the visitor.
- All guests/visitors assume all risks and danger incidental to the activity of camping in a rustic outdoor environment including specifically (but not limited to), the danger of being injured by insects or other animals, of being injured while participating in recreational activities, such as hiking, swimming or boating at the Camp-Resort and/or being injured as a result of inclement weather conditions, and agrees that the Camp-Resort and its owners, agents and employees are not liable for injuries or property damage resulting from such risks and danger.
Reservation & Payment Policies:
When making reservations only specific lot types are guaranteed. Site numbers are not guaranteed and will be confirmed at arrival.
- Your credit card will be charged Itinerary Total prior to arrival, up to a maximum deposit of $250.00. Any remaining balance will be due two weeks prior to arrival.
- If you cancel your reservation 14 or more days prior to arrival, you will be charged a $25 administrative cancellation fee.
- If you cancel your reservation within 14 days of arrival, you will forfeit your deposit; up to a maximum of $250.
- Maximum of 6 people per RV site. First two adults are included, each additional adult is $20 per person per night. Visitors for Day use will be charged $6 per day. An additional small tent on the same site is permitted for $10 per night.
- Camping is an outdoor experience. As such, we do not give refunds due to the discomfort of nature, or for early departures.
- A $50.00 per pet / per stay for pets is required in all pet friendly rental units. No more than 2 pets per site. (View full pet policy).
- We are a pet friendly park and the NYS laws require valid current shot records which must be presented at time of check in for each pet. We are not able to make exceptions to this policy.
Campsite Cancellation Policy
CAMPSITES and RENTAL UNITS – Refunds are issued if written notice is received at least 14 days prior to arrival date and is subject to a $25 per site/rental cancellation fee. Cancellations received without the required notice will result in forfeiture of deposit. Camping is an outdoor experience. As such, we do not give refunds due to the discomfort of nature or for early departures. NO exceptions.
Entrance onto the campground property constitutes permission for the management of Lake George Escape in Lake George, New York to photograph the visitor while on the premises and to use any resulting pictures for any lawful purpose without compensation to the visitor.
All guests/visitors assume all risks and danger incidental to the activity of camping in a rustic outdoor environment including specifically (but not limited to), the danger of being injured by insects or other animals, of being injured while participating in recreational activities, such as hiking, swimming or boating at the Camp-Resort and/or being injured as a result of inclement weather conditions, and agrees that the Camp-Resort and its owners, agents and employees are not liable for injuries or property damage resulting from such risks and danger.
- Yard ornaments, decorations, lawn furniture, and any added structures are at the discretion of management.
- Flags and signs that display the Confederate flag, politicians, political candidates or contain vulgarity or profanity are not allowed to be displayed at your site or throughout the campground/resort. Customers in violation of this policy will be asked to remove their flag/sign and if they refuse to do so, will be asked to vacate the property.
- Each RV site may have one camping unit with an attached awning and enclosed screen room. One additional freestanding unit no larger than 10×10 is permitted per site i.e. gazebo, canopy, easy-up etc. Tent pole garages, carports and tents are not permitted on a permanent basis. Gazebos, easy-ups, are not permitted to have sides. Enforcement of which is at the sole discretion of management.
- Existing trees, shrubs or flowers may not be removed without management approval. Please do not nail or screw into the trees.
- Lake George Escape is part of the 6 million acre Adirondack Park and governed by the APA and multiple state, federal agencies. Campers are required to follow all Adirondack Park Agency Land Use Regulations. Failure to do so could result in personal fines.
Creating great memories is what camping at Lake George Escape is all about! Whether you are here to take advantage of our summer on site events calendar or take in a local attraction, we love to see what our guests are up to. Photos taken of campers while on campground property may be used for promotional materials. Photos can be submitted to the Lake George Escape Facebook page
Sign Up for Deals & Events
Adirondack Cabin Rentals
View Specials and Packages
View Park & Activity Photos